Terms & Conditions
Conditions of hire
- We are confident that our Birthing Pools leave our premises in perfect working order. You must follow all our assembly, filling and operating instructions. Failure to do so will invalidate the guarantee. It is the responsibility of you, the hirer, to ensure the safety of all those involved in the use of the pool and to make sure that the building in which the pool is placed is suitable for the purpose, e.g. is weatherproof and can take the weight of the pool. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we do not accept liability for any consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with the hiring and use of one of our pools. In all other events our liability is limited to return of the hire charge.
- We wish to make it clear that the pool has a capital value which means that if for any reason you cannot return it at the end of the hire period we will expect that sum and also the hire period will extend until we have a pool ready to hire out. This also applies to damage to the pool such that we will charge you for the cost of repairs and the hire period will continue until the repairs are complete.
- We make no claim as to the medical or other benefits from the use of our pools and remind all those using them that it is their own decision as to whether the pool is appropriate for their particular use or desire.
- If you choose to have your pool sent by carrier we will aim to have it collected from ourselves on the day before the hire period commences and will send it to you on an overnight service. We cannot however take responsibility for the pool arriving to suit your arrangements and accept no liability for problems or costs incurred as a result of delay in delivery. When you sign for receipt of the pool, you are stating that it is all present and undamaged. We therefore advise you to unpack it and check it all before signing as it can be very difficult to correct omissions or breakages later.
- The pool must remain at the address given overleaf and in your possession unless otherwise agreed by us.
- You are responsible for the pool for the duration of the hire period unless otherwise agreed by us.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 2 weeks before the beginning of the hire date, we reserve the right to charge the full hire fee.
- You are responsible for the pool during the duration of the hire period unless otherwise agreed with us.
- Any fault or failure of the pool must be reported to us immediately and no attempt to repair it without our authorisation. Any use of the pool for purposes other than those stated in the contract will invalidate the guarantee.
- The guarantee as stated covers for repair or replacement of any faulty part. When a pool has been collected from us, the faulty item must be returned to us for immediate attention. If the pool is rendered unusable for more than 24 hours as a result of a failure then a refund of the hire charge for however many days it is unusable will be made. If a fault causes the pool to be unusable for the birth itself then a full refund will be made.
- Please make sure that you clean and dry the birthing pool before returning it to us and ensure that the hoses are fully drained; otherwise a charge of £25.00 may be deducted from the damage retainer. We will inspect the pool on return and if all is well, we will return the retainer immediately.